Monday, December 2, 2013

Author Spotlight: Nicky Wells, Author of Spirits of Christmas - A Rock 'n' Roll Christmas Carol

Today, the spotlight is on Nicky Wells, author of Spirits of Christmas - A Rock 'n; Roll Christmas Carol. 


Hi! I’m Nicky Wells, your ultimate rock chick author. Signed to US Publisher, Sapphire Star Publishing, I write Romance That Rocks Your World, featuring the rock star and the girl next door.

My books offer glitzy, glamorous contemporary romance with a rock theme ~ imagine Bridget Jones ROCKS Notting Hill! If you’ve ever had a crush on any kind of celebrity ~ rock, pop, movie or other ~ you’ll connect with my heroes and my leading ladies!

Like my first leading lady, Sophie, I love listening to rock music, dancing, and eating 


lobsters. When I’m not writing, I’m a wife, mother, occasional knitter, and regular contributor to The Midweek Drive show on Lincoln’s Siren 107.3 FM. Rock on!

Connect with Nicky Wells

Spirits of Christmas: A Rock ‘n’ Roll Christmas Carol

By Nicky Wells
Published by: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Published: Oct. 3, 2013

At one time, up-and-coming rock singer Jude had it all: a great band, a platinum record, a loving girlfriend. This Christmas, however, he is well down the road towards spontaneous self-destruction.

Unwitting at first, Jude has progressively alienated his band and driven away the love of his life. Tonight, the night before Christmas Eve, he has broken the final taboo during a disastrous gig. Yet Jude doesn’t see how badly his life has derailed, not until a ghostly procession of legends passes through his bedroom with a series of vivid and powerful wake-up calls.

Will the Spirits help Jude put the friendship, love, and rock music back into his Christmas?

Spirits of Christmas is a modern-day rock’n’roll adaption of Charles Dickens’ classic A Christmas Carol. This novella will enchant romance readers, rock lovers, fans of ghost stories, and everybody who adores the festive season.

Book Links 

EXCERPT

‘Hiya, Jude!’
The voice emerged from the door, and Jude’s head whipped round as if drawn by a string.
‘Hiya, Jude,’ the voice repeated cheerfully. Unexpectedly, it launched into the first line of one of Jude’s most favourite songs. Jude once again sank onto the bed, his legs refusing to carry him with the shock of this second apparition.
‘Is this really you?’
For a moment, Jude’s second otherworldly visitor abandoned his song and remained silent, motionless, allowing Jude to take a good, long look. The sideburns, the nose, the defined chin, the round glasses were clearly visible despite the spirit’s transparent appearance. Everything about this figure was familiar, yet nothing was quite as it should have been. It was as though Jude was looking at a hologram, a distorted, stretched vision where nothing quite fitted together.
Nonetheless, Jude found his voice. ‘Oh my God, it is you!’
Excitement made his exclamation strong and clear. The figure flinched at the sudden burst of noise, but Jude ploughed on. ‘This is…this is totally unreal. I mean, imagine this—here’s me in my bedroom, and there’s you, come to visit me.’
‘I’m not who you think you see,’ the apparition interrupted. ‘I’m the Ghost of Christmas Past.’



Other books by Nicky Wells

2 comments :

  1. Wooohooo! Thanks for putting me in the spotlight, Kathryn, I really enjoy visiting your blog! You rock! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome Nicky. Your book was such fun to read!

    ReplyDelete