Sunday, September 22, 2013

Book Review: Justice For All Time by Kit Cole

Justice for all Time
by Kit Cole
Publisher: Kit Cole
Publishing Date: Aug 27, 2013
ISIN: B00EUDPPGM

Amazon Synopsis:

Special Agent Cassie Becker has taken on every kind of situation you could think of in her decade with the FBI, but waking up in a Sacramento desert 150 years in the past is a whole new one. Gunless, badgeless and displaced in time, she has to use her considerable wits to fly under the radar of an over-inquisitive Sheriff, while solving the mystery of how she got there so that she can close the case and get home.

Sheriff Brendan Taylor knows there is something odd about the beautiful woman who blows into town guns blazing, and it isn’t just that she’s got amnesia. She’s smart, ballsy and completely crazy, and damned if she doesn’t show up at every one of his crime scenes armed and ready.

But she’s not the only time traveler in 1853, and if the Agent and the Sheriff can’t find a way to see past their differences and attractions, neither of them will get justice - in any time.

My Thoughts:

This was a very unique storyline. It’s part romance, part western, part fantasy, part mystery and murder. We meet Special Agent Cassie Becker when she wakes up in a cave in Sacramento having been transported 160 years into the past. She has to solve the mystery of how she got there. But in order to do that she has to fit into the culture of the time, which isn’t easy to do as an independent, gun-slinging FBI agent. After all, women in those days were seen as fragile and dependent on their men.

Although this book is kind of a western, with horses and Sheriffs and saloons, it doesn’t really feel like a western. When I started reading it, and then realized it was going to be a western (given the year she travelled back to) I wasn’t sure I wanted to continue reading it because I wasn’t in the mood for a western. However, the storyline was so interesting, I kept going, and I’m glad I did.

This novel is filled with a lot of twists and turns and the conclusion I thought the book was going to come to wasn’t what actually happened (I won’t spoil the book for you by telling you what actually did happen).

There was some swearing in the book (mainly kept to the word “hell”) and a few bedroom scenes that were not explicit).

I enjoyed the uniqueness of the storyline however, and the character development was pretty good. I think this book was a good foundation for any sequels that will follow.

 I gave this book 4 stars.


Thank you to the author for providing a free copy of this book in exchange for my fair and honest review. A free product does not influence my opinion. All thoughts are my own.

No comments :

Post a Comment